About Me

My photo
Trying to follow God and draw closer to him each day. Some days I slip, some days I fall, I'm so glad He never does.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Not Me Monday, 7-14, of course today is Tuesday though


Are you feeling guilty for not changing your children's bedsheets for weeks on end? Cringe if a car goes by and your taking out your trash not dressed up to par? Overcome with embarrassment after your child breaks something in public or worse won't listen to you? We'll don't be! Not Me! Monday was born out of a desire to admit some of our imperfections (but only some) and reveal a few moments I'd rather forget (only a few). You may find it therapeutic to join in and do the same thing!
So let's see what I didn't do the past week:

I didn’t try to be so cute as to swing my husband in that hammock and then jump on only to have us both fall flat on our backs, because, of course, Curves is working very well for me.

I also would never tell my daughter to hurry up eating so her brother could use her plate, just because I had already did the dishes. I know all about germs.

And because safety is truly a concern of mine, I would never give my prim & proper girls the sled to slid down a mudslide with. Not Me!! (Rest assured no one was hurt and I really did stop them before they shoved Owen down it.)


I also would never change in the van because I was pressed for time and wanted to get to Target. I also wouldn’t allow my little one to use my skirt as pillow and even if I did do that, which I didn’t, I wouldn’t then take him to church and lay him on the floor using my skirt as a blanket. Of course I wouldn’t. I am always prepared.

And I never, no never, go shopping without a list and an agenda. That is just asking for trouble. Like maybe realizing you just spent $35 on batteries for everything electronic in your entire house. Not needed, Not Me!!

We will be going camping this weekend. A much needed camping trip; and I may or may not have invited too many people.

Don't have a blog or too chicken to leave your Not Me's there? Just leave your Not Me's in the comments of this post so we can all enjoy them. I know you got them, we all do.


In God's Love, sheila

1 comment: