About Me

My photo
Trying to follow God and draw closer to him each day. Some days I slip, some days I fall, I'm so glad He never does.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Do I hear God in the whisper?

Thank you so much for all your prayers over the weekend. They were much needed and much felt.


I was reading a devotional this morning, well first I was reading the Bible about the Prophet Elijah and when he ran and called out to God to let him die, it is too hard, he is the only one left. Elijah knew the God of fire and earthquake and furious wind, but did he know him in the whisper?

Back to the devotional, it focused on Psalm 84:5-7 (MSG),
5-7 And how blessed all those in whom you live, whose lives become roads you travel; They wind through lonesome valleys, come upon brooks, discover cool springs and pools brimming with rain! God-traveled, these roads curve up the mountain, and at the last turn—Zion! God in full view!

Psalm 84:5-7 (Amplified Bible)
5Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man whose strength is in You, in whose heart are the highways to Zion. 6Passing through the Valley of Weeping (Baca), they make it a place of springs; the early rain also fills [the pools] with blessings. 7They go from strength to strength [increasing in victorious power]; each of them appears before God in Zion.

My favorite part of these verses is ‘whose lives become roads you travel’….


I want my life to be a road God travels daily; I know there are lonesome valleys, places of springs, but did I know that I could go from strength to strength ‘increasing in victorious power’ until that day we appear in full view of God.

We had another funeral this past week. A close friend’s 20 yr old son died. Did he ever accept Christ into his life? Do they have the hope and assurance? Oh Lord…my heart hurts for them.


My sister spoke at the funeral and afterwards I was talking with the Grandmother and she was just amazed at my sister trying to give comfort and the strength that she showed. Only in Christ do we have any strength at this time, only in Christ can we have the hope of one day being with those sweet loved boys. Only in Christ can we offer hope and comfort to others. I hope they saw that, I pray there was a glimmer of Christ in us that showed through.


And now as we go on our annual camping trip, it's with eagerness and some aniexty about how this year is going to be so different. I thank God for the wonderful memories we have of last year and pray we can continue to enjoy this great time together. Here are some pictures of last year...Enjoy and I hope you are taking the time to make some family memories of your own.... In God's Love, sheila












This is one of the last pictues we have of all 7 children together.















Bubbles are always fun....at any age.








Here's a picture of Sondra, Brandon, and Sarah (aren't they the coolest?) Is it just me or is this picture just screaming out for a caption. Help me out, all I can come up with is: See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil... but someone must be more clever than me...? What are your thoughts.


Playing some hokey pokey had never been so fun.







Actually I just noticed all 7 kids are here too, Pat is carrying Owen in the backpack, lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment