About Me

My photo
Trying to follow God and draw closer to him each day. Some days I slip, some days I fall, I'm so glad He never does.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lessons My Husband Is Teaching...who knew...

We just finished up softball for the season. Pat has been coaching both daughters this year. It’s been fun, and I am glad it’s over. Now we are onto Soccer. Yes, he is coaching Abby’s team. Now how do I go in between Tommy’s team and Serena’s team and watch Abby’s. UGH…..A sport’s mom, I am not….. I should be home in the hammock with Owen. We would enjoy that.



Back to the lessons taught in softball, which were really good lessons, I just didn’t know it at the time. Life lessons were being taught by my husband and I had no idea. Go figure. Pat kept trying to have the girls ‘know what you’re going to do with the ball before it gets to you’. Because, let’s be honest, once the ball comes their way, they tend to get a little flustered and everyone is screaming directions at them. It’s too confusing for me and I’m in the dugout (love being part of the cheering section).

The Lesson: We went to a graduation party and we had so much fun being with family & friends. Some that I have not seen in quite some time. In the midst of the day there were times when I was offered a ‘fun’ drink; when I thought, ummmm…for about a second and a half. But because, at a point in my life, I had learned what I was going to do with the ball, before it got to me, I was not caught off guard.

So I laughed, said ‘no thanks’ again, walked away and had a great time.
Would it of hurt me? Would it of hurt my family? Would I have had more fun? Would it of been fine and no harm done? I don’t know, but I do know that when Jesus rescued me from the life I had previously, I knew I never wanted to be there again. It is not worth it for me. And did I mention what a wonderful, family time we had. It truly was a great evening.

Happy 4th of July to all and remember to count the cost...love, sheila

PS: in case your wondering (the dirt pile is just getting bigger and the boys are loving it.)
src="http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif" border="0" />

1 comment: