About Me

My photo
Trying to follow God and draw closer to him each day. Some days I slip, some days I fall, I'm so glad He never does.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Walk the Walk

I say, 'I trust' 

I say, 'in His will'

I say, 'He knows best'

Then why is it that I can fall right back into the same pattern of handling things the way I think they should be handled.  Why is it that I feel the need to jump in and save the day. 

Honestly, I would have to say it's because there is too much of mySELF left in me.  Too much of me who thinks I have the answers or I can see the way things need to be done. 

God has clearly asked me to let go, completely, and He will work things out.  It may not even be the way I want them to work out.  But, God has a plan and His plan is not to harm me or hurt me.  Although I am hurting now.  I'm reminded that Jesus hurt on the cross at Calvary, but He was still there for each of us. 

He's asking me if I really trust Him in this situation, all the way through?  Do I, I'm scared.  But, I am asking God for the strength and wisdom to to keep myself right where God needs me to be and He will do the rest.  I need to be obedient and take mySELF out of the picture. 

Thank you for all your prayers for yesterday, they were definitely heard as I had a peace about me yesterday amidst the sadness.  God is good. 

In God's Love, sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment