About Me

My photo
Trying to follow God and draw closer to him each day. Some days I slip, some days I fall, I'm so glad He never does.

Friday, October 30, 2009

I Didn't Panic

A time to reflect…..

This morning a young girl came into the office, looking slightly scared, and whispered to me that she thought her water broke.
What are the odds that in an office of four I am the only one here at this time.
I gave myself five seconds to panic, and then noticed there was not a puddle in front of my desk and her pants were dry. I was very thankful and realized I can do this.  I got some information from her, called security for an ambulance and sat down with her to calm her down.  She had no one else for me to call. No one. She is 8.5 mths along, she thinks, and is all alone. She is scared. I so wanted to pray with her. I was praying but not with her.

She asked me if I had any children, and I laughed and said yes, four. She looked at me, lol, shaking her head, ‘Four, I can’t do this one.’ I re-assured her that she could and she would be fine. 

But, do I know that? No, I don’t, I don’t know her situation, I don’t know if she knows the Lord, I don’t know anything about her. But I do know that God loves her, I do know that somehow God can do for her what he has done for me and many others who give their lives to Him completely.

The birth of all of my children, no matter what my situation at the time was, is one of the happiest times of my life. That moment when you actually hold the baby you have prayed for, felt move, and loved, is pure joy. Seeing that little face look up at you and your eyes connect, I can close my eyes right now and still see each of my children’s small tiny faces looking straight through me. Even though they say they can’t really focus and see you, there is a connection and a mother’s love that flows straight through. Love that came first from the Father.

In God’s Love, sheila

update:  I've mentioned before that sometimes it takes me awhile to get things, I've been thinking of the girl all morning and her situation and it dawned on me that perhaps she wasn't keeping the baby.  I spoke with my supervisor and she confirmed it.  I am so thankful that in this day in age, she choose adoption rather than abortion.  I hope I get the chance to encourage her and let her know what a wise decision she made.  I pray there is a family waiting to share Jesus with this small miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment