About Me

My photo
Trying to follow God and draw closer to him each day. Some days I slip, some days I fall, I'm so glad He never does.

Friday, September 25, 2009

DO YOU KNOW WHO YOUR ENEMY IS?

Ephesians 6:12 says:

'For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rules, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places'

This is God's word, so I know it to be true.

But sometimes, it feels so personal that it's hard to remember. 
Sometimes, you can see the work of Satan and wonder why others can't. 
Sometimes, you wonder who your enemy is?

So everyday, I will choose to put on the full armor of protection.


Lord, I choose to put on the helmet of salvation today in order to protect my mind.  I want to think only Your thoughts, Lord.  I want to thank you that when Satan sends one of his thoughts my way, this helmet of salvation will protect my thinking.

Lord, I choose to put on the breastplate of righteousness to guard my emotions.  I was to feel only what you feel.  Don't let me react out of my emotions.  Rather, let me respond based on the truth I know in my mind.

Lord, I choose to fasten on truth so I can stay centered on your Word.  I want to live in the truth, walk in the truth, and testify to the truth.

Lord, I choose to put on the sandals of peace.  Wherever I go today, I want to be  a peacemaker.  I want my footprints to be evidence of the tranquility I carry in the Holy Spirit.

Lord, I choose to take up the shield of faith.  I want to thank You that, no matter how many fiery arrows the Enemy hurls at me today,  no matter how many trials or temptations may come, I can stand safely behind the massive protection of faith.

Lord, I choose to lift high the sword of the Spirit, Your hold Word.  Father, thank you for this spiritual weapon that cuts so deeply to bring about conviction and repentance.

In God's love, sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment